Friday 17 February 2012

Cupid's arrow cupcakes


So love was all around us this week. Valentines day came and went. Red, pink, hearts and flowers were all around. I literally had hearts in my eyes. But who can forget about the delectable treats that are cupcakes! So with all this love in the air, I decided it’s time to try my first attempt at red velvet and cream cheese frosting.

So I did some research about these wonderful cupcakes, reading about chemical reactions and vinegar, cocoa and buttermilk. Seriously…all these things in one cupcake, I felt like a scientist. But so I did the digging, came up with a few recipes, and then took the plunge. And boy was I rewarded with the most delicious, soft, dense cupcakes. Not even to talk about that cream cheese frosting.

I also have to thank Bakerella, I took some inspiration from her valentines cupcakes with Cupid’s arrow. I just decided to give it a twist, fill the straws with 100’s and 1000’s and poke them through the delicious red velvetness. I personally think that cream cheese icing is the next best thing since sliced bread…but meringue frosting comes a close second.

So please enjoy these Cupid’s arrow cupcakes. Make them for a loved one, for yourself, just anytime you feel like baking. The recipe will be posted soon.


No comments: