Monday 27 February 2012

Secret obsession of the week…


Yes everybody I am a huge Sponge Bob fan. I have admitted my addiction, and then I thought to myself…mmm sponge bob cupcakes. What could be more perfect? (Embarrassing fact = my ringtone is the theme song form Sponge Bob) Actually one of my friends said that her little boy loves sponge bob and that she wants to make him a Sponge Bob cake or cupcakes, and if I had any suggestions or tips.  So here we go…

Now I am also just starting in this baking business, but I think anyone can attempt these Sponge Bob delights seen below. If your not skilled with your piping bag or using fondant (which I recently had some fun with) then why not make plain cupcakes and make beautiful printables, applying them to straws, sticks, etc and pop them on the cupcakes. And there you go, no problem with crafting the most delicate  or even a 150 little Sponge Bob men form fondant.

Otherwise if you want to have a little fun, go ahead. I thought of even making the cupcakes pineapple flavoured…mmm “who lives in a pineapple under the sea” ring any bells? Maybe yellow or blue frosting? I also think a nice meringue frosting would be a hit with children; it’s like edible marshmallow. For kids a definite surprise in the middle of the cupcakes is a must. Think jellybeans, smarties, fizzers…just pop them in after baking. Also never forgetting maybe buying fun cupcake liners will also be great.

So all in all give these Sponge Bob cupcakes a crack, remember the character and colours choices are endless. There is also Sponge Bob’s best friend, Patrick. And the most adorable pet snail ever, Gary! 


No comments: