Wednesday 27 March 2013

Two Oceans Aquarium Wedding!


A colleague of mine tied the knot on 16 March 2013, and asked me to make her wedding cake and cupcakes. Oh boy, was I excited, and a themed wedding with that to. Finally my skills can be put to the test.

Lene and Gareth decided to do everything a bit different, and the venue WOW! Their reception was held in front of the big shark tank. Lene being the animal, critter and creature lover that she is, I accepted nothing else.

We uhmed and aahed about what to make? We deiced on a whole sea/beach experience. The first set of cupcakes would be water and shark fins, then starfish on half sea, half beach. The last set would be a the beach with flip flips and a cocktail umbrella.  Wow I had my worked cut out for me.

The cake would be in the ever popular ombre style, even the inside matched the outside. It was amazing how this style reflected the water beautifully. She also asked for penguin cake toppers. I was nervous, stressed and thought you’re in over your head. But knew in the end the masterpiece would come together.

She looked beautiful in a fishtail dress, everything so well thought through. Congratulations Lene and Gareth, may you share many more wonderful years together. And thank you for this amazing opportunity...













2 comments:

Penny said...

Absolutely fantastic.Out of this world.Well done!!

PLEASE_Louise said...

Thank you so much! It was so much fun!