Wednesday 8 May 2013

Stripedy, toppedy, red and blue!


" The sun did not shine, it was too wet to play, so we sat in the house all that cold, 
cold wet day. I sat there with Sally. We sat here we two and we said How we wish 
we had something to do. " 
Dr Seuss, The Cat in the Hat

I saw these little delights in http://thedomesticrebel.com/2012/02/27/cat-in-the-hat-cupcakes/ and new I had to make them. I could not wait, and a friend’s hubby’s bday came up, and guess what. They are crazy about Dr Seuss!!! Jipeeeee! Marshmellows, oreo’s, lots of white chocolate and candy strips filled my shopping list. I could not wait. I must say, the white chocolate was on its worst behavior that night. But in the end I think I did pretty good. And yes, a red velvet cupcake, topped with blue cream cheese frosting, was just what the good old dr. ordered! Yummy!



No comments: