Friday 6 September 2013

Fat elvis cupcakes (aka heart attacks)


Wow, is all I can say…

No wait, these cupcakes actually have an interesting tale. It was my birthday on the 20 July (happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me…) lame, I know.  And my dear friend ordered cupcakes. I thought ugh, really? You gonna make me work on my birthday? But I also had a wedding order for the weekend so I thought what the hell!

She loves banana, so I tempted her into the Fat Elvis regime. Elvis Presley had a sweet disposition for peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwiches, mmm maybe that’s why he succumbed to a heart attack? Who knows? Anyway I did some research and found these delicious fat Elvis cupcakes (I nicknamed them heart attacks). They are wickedly sweet, with a salty crisp, a boost from the banana and has a delicate creamy nuttiness.

So I made these cupcakes hurriedly, and off we sped to my friend, as my parents still wanted to do lunch…and low and behold, these cupcakes were actually part of my surprise party! Ha, I made my own birthday cupcakes, awesome. So putting my feet up, and enjoying these nutty puppies,  I had a lovely birthday, filled with great friends! 
Thanks all!



No comments: